Our laboratory is focused on:
- Manufacturing, quality control and development of stem cell products and immunotherapies
- Evaluation of cellular immune status in patients after stem cell transplantation or in children with suspected immunodeficiency
The laboratory is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2008; accredited according to DIN EN ISO 15189 (Certificate) and accredited according to JACIE (Certificate).
Manufacturing, quality control and improvement of stem cell products and immunotherapies
In order to realize the transplantation from autologous, allogeneic especially haploidentical stem cell products we are performing several modern purification procedures using CliniMACS technology.
- Bone marrow and unmanipulated leukapheresis products
and cellular immunotherapies:
- T-cell donor lymphocyte infusions (T-DLI)
- Cytokine-induced killer cell infusions (CIK)
Manufacturing of our cell products is performed under GMP-conditions in cooperation with the German Red Cross Donor Service Baden-Württemberg-Hessen according to the German Medicine Act (german drug law, AMG).
Immunophenotyping after stem cell transplantation / immunodeficiency diagnostics
Complex characterization of immune cells and their function is performed in patients peripheral blood after stem cell transplantation (immune reconstitution), in patients with recurrent infections and for diagnosis of primary and secondary immunodeficiency.
- (CD3+CD4+ Helper T-cells, CD3+CD8+ cytotoxic T-cells and their subgroups: activated, naïve, effector memory (TEM), central memory (TCM), effector memory RA+ (TEMRA), TCRαβ, TCRγδ, regulatory T-cells (Treg), CD4+CD8+ double-positive and CD4—CD8— TCRαβ+ double-negative T-cells)
- (naïve, switched, non-switched, memory B-cells)
- (CD3—CD56+ NK-cells and their subgroups: CD3—CD56brightCD16— immunregulatory, CD3—CD56dimCD16+ cytotoxic NK-cells)
- (plasmacytoid and myeloid dendritic cells, monocytes)
- Functional tests
Granulocyte function test (oxidative burst)
- Cell typing in bronchioalveolar lavage fluid, liquor und ascites
- CD34 stem cell monitoring after G-CSF stimulation
Upper row (from left): Regine Müller, Melanie Bremm, Stephanie Erben, Sibille Betz
Lower row (from left): Rabia El Kalaäoui, Andrea Quaiser, Sabine Hünecke,
Olga Zimmermann, Claudia Cappel
Dr. phil. nat. Sabine Hünecke
Phone: +49 (0) 69 6301-83006
Scientific advice and information
Phone: +49 (0) 69 6301-4918
Acceptance of samples
Mo-Fr until 16 | Fr until 14
Building 32 D, Second floor